Artisan Ring Sling: Namaka
The Namaka ring sling was an incredible gift. When we were working on our “tree of life” wrap, we partnered with Cory Janiak, a Brand Ambassador and photographer, who created our ocean-inspired “tree.” Our manufacturer inadvertently reversed the color scheme we asked for — and it turns out, it was beautiful! We’ve decided to turn it into the Ring Sling twin of our Zoe wrap — which Cory named, “Namaka.”
Wrapsody has teamed up with Sleeping Baby Productions, a leading ring sling manufacturer, to bring you a brilliant ring sling experience.
Our lightweight, strong ring sling offers softness without compromising support. Our Artisan Ring Sling offers you a beautiful seat for your baby or toddler both for quick up-and-down errands or for longer carrying adventures!
Our Namaka Artisan Ring Sling:
- Comfort channels move your child’s weight to the body structures best suited for carrying!
- Supports children up to 35 pounds on the front, hip, or back.
- Made from a cotton/linen blend that’s soft and drapey right out of the package and washes to the brushed silkiness of lightweight flannel.
- Lightweight fabric prevents overheating or feeling “weighted down.”
- Range of patterns and styles for every family
- Smaller-than-average rings comfortably fit short torsos and narrow shoulders as well as broad-shouldered or taller torsos.
- Rings are sourced from SlingRings(tm), the safest, most beautiful sling rings in the world.
- Fairly traded
What’s special about the fabric blend of the Wrapsody Artisan Ring Sling?
- Linen has a high tensile strength but little elasticity. Cotton adds elasticity or “huggability” to the fabric.
- Linen has been shown to keep people 3-4 degrees cooler than cotton in hot weather, but linen can be stiff. The blend combines temperature regulation with a lovely fabric hand.
- Linen has a natural light-reflective luster and silkiness that adds beauty to natural cotton.
- Linen is smooth and crisp. Adding cotton adds “cush,” adding support on the shoulders to the crisp, cool sensation of the linen fibers.
- Blending cotton with linen reduces wrinkling and creasing and increases fabric longevity.
- Linen resists dirt, stains, and shrinkage.
- Blending linen with cotton causes it to feel comfortable and dry even when slightly damp due to the way it absorbs moisture, such as drool.