Artisan Ring Sling: Ceylon
The blue peacock is said to have originated in Ceylon, now called Sri Lanka. This is how this sling got its name. Instead of celebrating the brilliantly colored plumage of the peacock, this subtle design instead echoes the beauty of the female peahen’s beautiful feathers.
Wrapsody has teamed up with Sleeping Baby Productions, a leading ring sling manufacturer, to bring you a brilliant ring sling experience.
Our lightweight, strong ring sling uncompromising support. Our Artisan Ring Sling offers you a beautiful seat for your baby or toddler both for quick up-and-down errands or for longer carrying adventures!
Our Ceylon Artisan Ring Sling:
- Comfort channels move your child’s weight to the body structures best suited for carrying!
- Supports children up to 35 pounds on the front, hip, or back.
- Made from a cotton/linen blend that’s supportive from newborn to toddler.
- Lightweight fabric prevents overheating or feeling “weighted down.”
- Range of patterns and styles for every family
- Smaller-than-average rings comfortably fit short torsos and narrow shoulders as well as broad-shouldered or taller torsos.
- Rings are sourced from SlingRings(tm), the safest, most beautiful sling rings in the world.
- Fairly traded
What’s special about the fabric blend of the Wrapsody Artisan Ring Sling?
- Linen has a high tensile strength but little elasticity. Cotton adds elasticity or “huggability” to the fabric.
- Linen has been shown to keep people 3-4 degrees cooler than cotton in hot weather, but linen can be stiff. The blend combines temperature regulation with a lovely fabric hand.
- Linen has a natural light-reflective luster and silkiness that adds beauty to natural cotton.
- Linen is smooth and crisp. Adding cotton adds “cush,” adding support on the shoulders to the crisp, cool sensation of the linen fibers.
- Blending cotton with linen reduces wrinkling and creasing and increases fabric longevity.
- Linen resists dirt, stains, and shrinkage.
- Blending linen with cotton causes it to feel comfortable and dry even when slightly damp due to the way it absorbs moisture, such as drool.
This is perfect lightweight sling for a newborn but supportive enough for a toddler who wants frequent ups and downs. ~Sara Kift, Occupational Therapist