The last several years have brought with them an EXPLOSION of babywearing groups and non-profits in the English-speaking world. There is so much amazing and wonderful work being done to share the information about babywearing and to get carriers into the hands of families in need!
There is also a wealth of information available to parents through talented bloggers and product reviewers around the web, and we love working with these individuals to share our wonderful carriers with the world! Again, however, we needed some internal guidance to help us sort through the many offers for reviews and marketing we receive.
We have such a hard time saying no to requests for help and donations that we’ve created a policy to help us navigate these requests. The policy is outlined below. In addition to donations, we work with non-profit organizations to sell them carriers for their clients at a significant discounts, and we also have a wonderful discount for qualifying babywearing educators.
Donations for individuals and families
There are many non-profits which serve low-income, military, and other families directly, while others are working with whole communities. Individuals seeking carrier donations can find a fairly complete listing of US and Canadian non-profits by following this link. You may also wish to contact your local WIC program, human services office, or other local organizations that serve families in need of help.
Additionally, some independent retailers offer discounts to families who can show proof of military service or financial need as well as layaway programs and payment plans. You may wish to visit your local retailer during off-peak hours to ask them about their policies.
Wrapsody’s donations and partnerships policy for non-profits, partnerships, and blogs
The purpose of Wrapsody’s donations and partnerships programs are:
- To support our company’s mission, values, and vision of creating a more peaceful world by fostering connections between families.
- To share information about Wrapsody’s high quality products with as many families as possible.
- Organizations that support families who are “at risk.” These are families that, for any number of reasons, need extra-familial support to thrive, to connect, or to heal.
- Requests from Wrapsody employees, Retail Partners, and Brand Ambassadors.
- Partnerships from organizations or individuals who share Wrapsody values and are positioned to reach a large audience with their message.
- Organizations or programs that have sustainable funding in place. Wrapsody is a very small company, and our ability to donate carriers outright is limited by our desire to keep our retail prices affordable for working families.
- Organizations must have 501(c)3 status or clearly show that they are working toward it. Although there is no “tax write-off” for donations from inventory in the US, this is a helpful way for us to choose from the many donation requests we receive.
- Organizations must fit the “contribution priorities” of Wrapsody.
- The intended use of donated product must be direct. Wrapsody’s goal in donation is to provide carriers to families who may not otherwise have access to quality carriers without donation programs. We do send out a limited number of “Wrapsody grab bags” for silent auctions, etc. on a first-come, first-served basis each month.
- Written acknowledgement of donations is required. The acknowledgement must be from an official organization email address or on the organization’s letterhead.
Babywearing groups and educator discounts
We receive many donation requests from babywearing educators each month. We offer an ongoing educator discount for groups who choose to participate in our educator sample program. Click here to learn more about that program and how to receive a discount for your group or organization.
If your non-profit group or not-for-profit endeavor is aligned with Wrapsody’s contribution priorities and would like to request a donation, please fill out the form below (scroll down below the blogger form). Also, if you are a babywearing group or sling library, make sure your group has been added to our listing of babywearing groups!
Form for bloggers and media