“Peace at home; peace in the world.”
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, 1881-1938, Turkish president
Wrapsody, LLC was born from a love for my own children and of the closeness we found when I carried them. I have approached this company as I approach mothering: with fairness, compassion, and a loving touch. Social responsibility has always been central to the way I run Wrapsody. We are a small company, and the work we do is small work. Yet, we do our part to ensure that our business is the business of spreading joy — through attention to doing business in the most ethical ways we can manage at each step of the way.
Below is a summary of Wrapsody’s commitment to social responsibility. To download our full Social Responsibility Report, click here.
- Our building uses recycled materials and was designed to be energy efficient.
- Our office considers the impact of our supplies with each purchase, choosing recycled and recyclable materials whenever possible and minimizing our consumption as much as we can.
- Our packaging is minimal, reusable, and emphasizes eco-friendly materials.
- Our products are made from eco-friendly natural or recycled fibers and with attention to eco-friendly dyeing and manufacturing processes.
- Wrapsody products are always made with a focus on fair labor practices, both during manufacturing and in our office.
- Our WrapDuO is manufactured locally, in New England, from fabric to sewing and labeling.
- Our hand-dyed artisan wraps are made under fair-trade conditions, ethically manufactured by a small, woman-owned company in Bali, Indonesia.
- Wrapsody supports family owned businesses, actively seeking out partnerships with small companies in our purchasing decisions.
- Wrapsody carriers are manufactured with attention to the environment, using Oeko-Tex 100 certification in our Water Wrap fabrics and ISO-9001-compliant dyes for our artisan Bali line of carriers.
- Wrapsody supports community – both our local community by sponsoring teams on our local youth soccer league, and the larger community through our work with nonprofit organizations.
- Wrapsody donates goods and money to organizations which enhance community, contributing to the growth of stronger, healthier families.
Leaders in safety
- Kristi, the owner of the Wrapsody brand, founded the Baby Carrier Industry Alliance in 2010.
- Kristi attended meetings with ASTM International from the first sling standards meeting.
- Wrapsody baby carriers meet or exceed all federal safety requirements, such as CPSIA.
- Our WrapDuO (formerly Water Wrap) fabric is Oeko-Tex 100 compliant, meeting stringent requirements for safety to humans and the environment.
- The dyes we use for our Bali line (Breeze and Stretch-Hybrid) are all ISO-9001 compliant, and we have contacted Dyestar of Indonesia directly to ensure the dyes are free of heavy metals and other harmful substances.
- Wrapsody creates and shares quality safety and instructional materials for our carriers.
Promoting a peaceful world
- Kristi, owner of the Wrapsody brand, believes that creating a peaceful world begins with well-attached families. In order to best achieve this, people must have their basic needs met.
- Wrapsody donates to charities which work toward these goals.
Increasing access to babywearing
- Kristi teaches families and professionals how to carry with found objects, such as a bed sheet, for when they don’t have access to a quality manufactured carrier such as Wrapsody baby wraps.
- Wrapsody works with organizations that put carriers into the hands of at-risk families.
- Wrapsody has worked with government organizations to distribute carriers to at-risk families.